Got leftover ribeye steak? Make ribeye chili.
Easy slow cooker recipe for two!
Add Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Cabbage as a side dish. Top off your ribeye meal with Mango Bread Pudding, Peach Cobbler, or German Chocolate Cake – all slow cooker desserts.
Leftover Ribeye Chili
Steak foodies, make this slow cooker ribeye chili recipe the next time you cook ribeye steaks on the grill or in the slow cooker. Like chili? Like steak? Make them a combo, and try this leftover ribeye chili.
You can use other types of steak as well. Ribeye is my favorite, and that is what I made this chili recipe with. Slice the meat into strips, or cut it into chunks. Either way works.
The recipe below has a mild flavor. Add hot chili powder, peppers, or anything else you like to make it spicier.
Grilled hamburger leftovers also go great in this chili. Adapt it however you’d like, or try the recipe just the way it is to see how you like it.
Ribeye Chili for Two
Save your ribeye leftovers to make chili.
- 1 can Refried Pinto Beans
- 1 can Amy's Organic Chili
- 1/4 48-oz can Vegetable Juice Cocktail
- 2 teaspoons Santa Fe Seasons Chili Blend Or, use chili powder and your favorite spices.
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 cup water
- 2 each Roma tomatoes, cut in small chunks
- 1-2 cups Ribeye leftovers, cut into strips or chunks
Put all ingredients into Slow Cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Ribeye Chili Menu Ideas
Busy week ahead? Make a large batch of the ribeye chili on the weekend. Plan a week’s dinner menu using the ribeye and chili.
The first meal will be your ribeye steak, and the second will be the slow cooker ribeye chili. See the additional chili recipe ideas below:
1) Ribeye Chili Baked Potato – You can even “bake” potatoes in a slow cooker.
2) Broccoli Ribeye Chili Soup – Broccoli cheese soup tastes good as it is. Top it with Ribeye Chili, and you’ve got a broccoli, cheese, and steak dinner.
3) Ribeye Chili Mac and Cheese – Cook mac and cheese on the stove, and add the ribeye chili in it. So good!
4) Ribeye Chili Soup – Here’s a chance to include healthy veggies. Start with a vegetable soup, and add the ribeye chili for a great flavor.
5) Open-faced Ribeye Chili Sandwiches – Toast a slice of bread, and pour hot ribeye chili over the toast.
Planning a holiday menu? Consider using ribeye chili. Pattycakespantry.com suggests setting up a Slow Cooker Hot Dog and Chili Bar – great idea! This would totally work well with ribeye chili.
Adapt as a One-Person Meal
Ribeye Chili for Two can actually be made exactly the same for one person. The difference is that you only have to purchase one ribeye steak to begin with.
Cook the ribeye – grilled, pan-fried, oven-baked, or slow-cooked. Eat half for the first meal. Cut the other half into strips or small chunks for your Ribeye Chili. Then follow the week’s menu recipe ideas above.
If eating ribeye chili in six different ways for dinner in one week sounds boring to you, freeze your leftover chili. Store in separate freezer baggies. That way, you can thaw one at a time to make one of the ribeye chili recipes.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Check out more of Kitchen Southern Hospitality’s easy slow cooker recipes. Like cabbage? The creamed cabbage for two is very good. Cabbage makes a great side dish for ribeye steak, too.
If you love ribs, try the slow cooker pork riblets.
Add a Slow Cooker Dessert
Chili and soup are wonderful fall and winter comfort foods. Of course, that doesn’t stop us from enjoying them occasionally throughout the year.
No matter which season it is, keep this chili recipe in mind. It sure makes planning a menu easy.
And if you can’t resist finishing off your ribeye chili dinner with something sweet, try one of the slow cooker desserts. For desserts are always in season.
Want more meals for two recipes? Start the day with Hamburger Steak with Mushrooms Breakfast for Two.