5 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes
April’s 30 days of slow cooker recipes challenge is over! I did it!! You know what it’s like when you set a difficult goal for yourself but are determined to see that it happens. Right? That’s what last month was like for me when I chose to blog about slow cooker recipes. Every comment was SO appreciated. If you didn’t comment but read the creative slow cooker recipes, thank you for your visits. I hope that you found some recipes that you will try in your slow cooker to make a day’s cooking easier for you.
The top 5 slow cooker recipes from last month, according to my preference, are:
- Queso Chicken Spaghetti – Most families love spaghetti – adults and children. Adding the queso makes this recipe even more receptive to the kiddos.
- Rib-eye Steak – If you’ve never tried rib-eye in the slow cooker, you gotta try this one. It’s fabulous! Juicy, tender. Yum.
- Mex-Italian Meatball Nachos – This was one of those cook-what’s-in-the-pantry-and-freezer experiments. Groceries were low that day at my daughter’s house. Everyone was busy and had no time to go grocery shopping yet. There were meatballs in the freezer, chips, and Velveeta. Aha! I had my slow-cooker meal for the day.
- Summer Chili – My daughter really liked this one. That made it extra special. She froze the leftovers in containers for future lunches. It tasted wonderful.
- German Chocolate Cake – my most favorite cake ever. It was the one my mom used to make me on my birthdays. So I just had to try it in the slow cooker. A cake made in the slow cooker needs to be eaten then, while it’s hot. Usually, they are also good A-la-mode. My friend and I ate this (well, not all of it), hot out of the slow cooker. Oh, my!!! It was so good we had to have a second helping.
That’s the 5 favorite slow cooker recipes from April. There are others that come very close to being added to this list. Maybe it depends on the mood I’m in and which flavors I like for the day. Try out some of the other recipes, too. By experimenting with slow cooker meals every day last month, I learned a few things (like rib-eye steaks being so tender). I came up with recipes that even surprised me. It was challenging but fun.
Need to step up your blog and let people know about it? Challenge yourself to a blog-every-day project.