Chili Meal for Thanksgiving Week
Plan your Thanksgiving meal early, and include a chili meal for the holiday week. Chili is one of the easiest meals you can do.
Chili Meal Ideas
- Chili with crackers (simple, delicious comfort food)
- Chili with cheese toppings served with potato chips as a side or crushed for a topping (easy, good, certain to please the kiddos with this one)
- Hot dogs with chili and cheese (and/or add onions, pickle relish, ketchup and mustard)
- Open-faced chili sandwiches on toasted bread (yum good)
- Frito chili bowls (Kids LOVE Frito boats – cut one side open, serve the chili over the Fritos, and add cheese on top.)
- Baked potatoes with chili topping (bake the potatoes in the oven, or cook them in the microwave for a quick meal)
- Spaghetti squash with chili topping (vegetable lovers, here you go)
- Chili with leftover turkey (Don’t want Thanksgiving food to end? This one’s good for you.)
- Chili Relleno Chili – Cook Chili rellenos to add in your chili. Top it off with cheese.
See how many other chili recipes you can come up with. Start with an extra large pot of chili for one meal. Then you’ll have leftovers for all your other before- and after-Thanksgiving meals.
Chili and the fixin’s can make the whole family happy, so do a chili bar. When your family disagrees about how they like chili (or don’t like it), serve each person a bowl of no-bean chili. Set the table with an array of all the fixin’s, and everyone eats what they want.
If you really want to make it easy on yourself (who wants to cook after Thanksgiving?), make a canned chili recipe like this one.
Canned Chili Recipe
Easy canned chili for after Thanksgiving meals
- 3 cans Chili No Beans
- 1 can Ro*Tel Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 can Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 pkg Uncured Hot Dogs
- 1 can Bush's Organic Black Beans
Cook the chili, both canned tomatoes, and hot dogs together to boiling then turn on low or simmer until ready to serve.
Heat the black beans separately (because everyone may not like black beans).
Set the table with paper plates, napkins, silverware, a bowl of grated cheese, a bag of Fritos, pickle relish, hot dog buns, crackers, mustard, and mayonnaise.
Of course, you can choose any type of canned chili, tomatoes, beans or anything else that you like. Keep it simple. You deserve to rest after cooking a huge Thanksgiving dinner!
Like the chili bar idea? Try our potato bar for a meal or as a special holiday menu plan.
Use a variety of potatoes for the bar, and add potato soup for the first course.
Yams for Thanksgiving
Add yams (sweet potatoes) to your Thanksgiving potato bar menu. Serve them plain, add butter and cheese, or bake a sweet potato dessert.
Still looking for yummy Thanksgiving last-minute recipes? Check out fullplatethursday.com for delicious-looking food!