Pancake Foldover Breakfast
Add Protein to Pancakes
Add protein from simply adding an egg and/or sausage to pancakes prepared from a box mix. The protein from a pancakes box mix serving amounts to about 4 grams. Add an egg with another 6 grams. Add another 3 grams by including half a sausage patty. The protein in the pancake foldover will then equal approximately 13 grams. One cup of blueberries for the whole recipe only amounts to 1.1 grams.
Pancakes and syrup always go together. On the other hand, pancakes satisfy the palate just as great without the syrup. But if the extra dip-in-the-syrup sweetness seems better to you, go for it. I tried the foldover both ways but prefer it with no syrup.
Try these Blueberry Pancake, Egg, and Sausage Foldover options:
- make it with only the egg
- make it with only the sausage
- make it plain without blueberries
- serve it plain with blueberries on the side
This recipe was a fun and tasty creation. It made me think of a funny story my daughter told me about my toddler granddaughter. She LOVES pancakes. One morning my daughter made her some special ones cooked with blueberries. My granddaughter looked down at the plate and started crying. She didn’t like the berries in her pancakes. When I was visiting, I made some pancakes one day and added blueberries to some of them but made sure she had her share with no berries. She really wanted another pancake after she finished all of hers so she tried one with the blueberries and did not like it.
Pancake Fillings or Toppings:
- protein powder
- strawberries and whipped cream
- apples and cinnamon
- peanut butter
Blueberry Pancake Egg Foldover
- Pancake Mix (make recipe instructions on box)
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 2-3 Tablespoon Raw Coconut Oil
- 2 Fried Eggs
- 1 Great Value Original Pork Sausage Patty
- Prepare pancakes on griddle according to box instructions.
- Mix blueberries into pancake mix.
- Add tablespoon of coconut oil to heated griddle.
- Cook pancakes, adding additional coconut oil as needed.
- Set aside pancakes.
- Fry egg in remainder of coconut oil.
- Cook sausage in microwave, pressing out grease with a paper towel.
- Slice sausage in half.
- Trim edges of egg white to make a perfect circle.
- Place an egg and half of sausage inside a pancake and fold over (like eating a taco).
- Stick a toothpick to hold it together until ready to serve.
- Fold over the second pancake, egg, and sausage serving.
The pancake box recipe makes several pancakes. Make additional foldovers, save the extra pancakes for breakfast the next day, or freeze them for future use.
What do your grandchildren ask you to make for breakfast when they come to visit? Make them a foldover. Fill it with yummy breakfast foods they enjoy.
I’m sharing my yummy blueberry pancake foldover at Full Plate Thursday!