Slow Cooker Salsa
Do you prefer to eat fresh salsa or cooked salsa? Vegetable and herb gardens make the best fresh salsa, and you can get as creative with it as you want. Make it hot or mild, bold and spicy, or sweet and spicy.
Don’t have a garden of your own? Vegetables and herbs from the produce section at the supermarket you frequent or from your local farmer’s market will work just fine.
When you favor a particular salsa recipe, cook it and store it in a jar. Make it last longer by cooking the ingredients and storing in a jar or plastic container in the freezer.
Slow Cooker Fresh Stewed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 Serrano Pepper
- 4 Large or 10 Roma Tomatoes
- Garlic Clove
- 1 Sweet Onion
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Can Sweet Corn
- 1 Can Southwestern Chipotle Corn
- Chili Powder
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- Fresh Dill
- Fresh Basil
- Chop the fresh vegetables.
- Chop fresh vegetables and herbs to a blender.
- Mix all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook for 2-3 hours on low.
- Cool, place in jars or plastic containers, and refrigerate (freeze any extra).