Looking for an easy kind of meat to cook in the slow cooker? Try pork chops. Just thaw them out the night before, and put them in the slow cooker the next morning to cook on low all day.
Pork chops occasionally go on sale for 99 cents per pound at this one grocery store I shop at. I’ll buy a few packages and freeze them. They are good pan fried, grilled, baked, broiled, and cooked in the slow cooker.
One of the pork chop recipes I’ve tried in my Rival Crock-Pot is a quick way to cook in the slow cooker. I first brown the chops then put them into the Crock-Pot. However, when you’re working an eight-hour day, you need an all-day recipe.
A basic recipe for a pork chop meal, such as the one below, in the slow cooker requires no browning beforehand.
Slow Cooker All-Day Pork Chop Meal
- Mini yellow potatoes.
- Whole carrots, sliced.
- 1 Can Le Sueur Sweet Peas
- 1 Package Pork Chops
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Optional: Extra seasoning of your choice
- Thaw pork chops the night before cooking.
- Wash potatoes well (no need to peel).
- Slice carrots.
- Season vegetables and place in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place seasoned pork chops on top of vegetables.
- Pour soup or broth on top.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Add peas a few minutes before serving.
The nice thing about this recipe is that you can change up the liquid or sauce. Use soup one time and broth the next time. Or use another sauce or dressing like Zesty Italian Dressing. Also, you can use different vegetables. You could just cook the pork chops in soup or a dressing all day and add your favorite canned vegetables when you get home. That only takes a few minutes. You can add them on top of the pork chops, cover, and your meal will be ready quickly.