Make this nutritious soup when you’re needing comfort food. It includes some root vegetables, good sources of important daily vitamins. Preparing the vegetables to go in the soup may even help bring stress levels down.
- 6 potatoes
- 6 Carrots
- 3 Bunch Green Onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2-3 large handfuls of kale
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 package gluten-free chicken apple sausage
- 1 box organic chicken broth
- Water (equal amount as broth)
- Add water and broth to pot.
- Turn burner to high until boiling and then cook on low for approx. 40 minutes.
- Peel, slice, and dice vegetables and add to liquid.
- Slice the sausage.
- Add sausage and lentils last, after vegetables have already started boiling..
You can leave out the Chicken Apple Sausage and lentils and just have vegetable soup:
or add the Chicken Apple Sausage (it’s gluten-free sausage!):
or add the sausage and the lentils: