You can eat this omelet and still maintain your gluten-free and dairy-free lifestyle. It’s creamy-delicious and filling.
- Daiya cheese, mozzarella style (a small handful)
- 2 eggs or egg whites
- 2 handfuls raw spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Put the Coconut Oil onto a heated griddle, medium temperature.
- Add the chopped spinach then the eggs.
- Let the eggs set a few seconds then scramble them into the spinach.
- Sprinkle the Daiya cheese on top, and fold sides of omelet toward the middle.
Cooking a two-egg omelet for breakfast provides enough for breakfast and lunch. Using the Daiya cheese makes the omelet more creamy in my opinion.
Eggs are not dairy products, but eat just the egg whites if that is what you prefer. Learn more about combining eggs and dairy products at dairyfreecooking.about.com.